If you're interested in adopting, the first step is to come to the sanctuary and meet our birds. You never know who you may end up falling in love with, or who may end up falling in love with you! When visiting, please keep in mind that our facility is a Parrot rescue and sanctuary, not a pet store. All the birds in our flock have a home at the sanctuary until we consider a new home suitable to benefit them.
To begin the adoption process fill out our adoption questionnaire for our adoption committee to review. If your questionnaire is reviewed and seemed acceptable we'll do our best to match you with the perfect feathered companion! After you've visited a few times and if a good match has been made you'll be asked to fill out an adoption contact.
Please take the time to read the following before submitting a questionnaire.
1. Our # 1 priority is the birds we care for.
2. Especially for larger species, please plan to make multiple visits to the sanctuary so that you can interact and bond with your chosen bird. This is intended to benefit both you and the bird.
3. Yes, we do charge a fee to adopt a bird. There is a great deal of time, money, sweat, blood, and tears that goes into the rehabilitation of many of our birds. While we are a non-profit, that does not mean we can give the birds away. To do this would be to let down the birds that we are currently caring for and eventually cause us to shut our doors as there would be no money left to care for any of them. If you are looking for a free bird, please look elsewhere.
4. Our fees are not listed on our website because each bird's fee is based upon the costs we have incurred for that specific bird. Please do not call and ask the prices of our birds. This illustrates to us that you may be geared more towards the cost of the bird and not which bird would fit best into your family situation. We can assure you that all of our birds are well below retail that you would find at any pet store/breeder. We spend 1-4 hours daily taking phone calls regarding the fees, the personalities, etc., of each of our birds, and many times the bird you call about is not the bird that would be best suited for your situation. Please understand that this takes us away from caring for these magnificent creatures and therefore violates # 1 above. Once your application is approved, we will let you know all of the costs involved in adopting a specific bird.
5. All adoption fees must be paid at the time of adoption with cash, money orders, or cashier's checks. We no longer accept personal checks.
6. WE DO NOT SHIP OUR BIRDS EVER!
7. We reserve the right to deny any questionnaire/application for any reason.